Dr Lakshmi CP, MD, DM
Senior Consultant- Medical Gastroenterology
Dr Lakshmi completed her MBBS and post-graduation from Medical College Thiruvananthapuram, and her super-speciality training from SGPGI Lucknow. She has also worked in the department of Gastroenterology at AIMS, Kochi, following which she joined as faculty in JIPMER Institute, Pondicherry (An Institute of National importance under Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Govt of India). She set up the department of Medical Gastroenterology at JIPMER, and is involved in clinical Gastroenterology as well as a variety of interventional endoscopic procedures including endotherapy of GI bleeding, dilatations, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy, ERCP, biliary, esophageal and colonic metallic stenting as well as all other interventional endoscopic procedures. She also has many research publications and academic achievements to her credit. She is also interested in preventive gastroenterology.
• Diagnostic upper and lower GI endoscopy.
• Endoscopic therapy for upper and lower GI bleeding, variceal and non variceal.
• Esophageal, pyloric and colonic dilatations.
• Achalasia dilatation
• Metallic stenting for esophageal carcinoma.
• Retrievable plastic stents for benign oesophageal strictures.
• Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.
• Endoscopic polypectemy
• Therapeutic ERCP including stone extractions, plastic and metallic biliary stunting.
• Endoscopic ultrasound for diagnostic studies and EUS FNA.
• Endoscopic cystogastrostomy.
• Endoscopic mucosal resection
SSLC – Holy Angels’ Convent School, Thiruvananthapuram, 1993 March Pre Degree – Govt Women’s College, Thiruvananthapuram, 1995 March MBBS – Govt Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, Sept 1995-Mar 2000 MD – In General Medicine, Govt Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, January 2002- December 2004 DM (Medical Gastroenterology) from SGPGIMS Lucknow -July 2006- June 2009.
• Internship – Govt Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, May 2000- April 2001.
• Senior Resident, Department of Gastroenterology, SGPGI, Lucknow- July 2006 to June 2009.
• Clinical Assistant Professor in Medical Gastroenterology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi from August 2009 to February 2010.
• Assistant Professor in Medical Gastroenterology, JIPMER, Puducherry (Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India)- from March 2010 to July 2013
• Sr Consultant Medical Gastroenterologist and Interventional endoscopist, SUT Hospital, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, from July 2013 to current.
• Hon Consultant Gastroenterologist at Cosmopolitan Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram from Oct 2015 to September 2017.
• Second rank holder in Kerala state secondary school leaving examination (SSLC), March 1993.
• NTSE scholarship winner 1993 from NCERT, New Delhi
• First rank holder in Pre Degree Examination, Kerala State, March 1995.
• First rank holder in MBBS Examination, Kerala University, March 2000.
• Gold Medal in Surgery for the year 2000 for Govt Medical College Thiruvananthapuram.
• Dr. KCKE Raja Prize for Medicine for year 2000, from Kerala University.
• Dr KK Nambiar Memorial Gold medal for year 2000 from University of Kerala.
• Dr KC Kurian Memorial Prize for year 2000 from University of Kerala..
• Kilikolloor Dr N Lakshmi Memorial Gold medal for year 2000 from Unversity of Kerala.
• Dr PN Vaidyanatha Iyer Memorial Medal from University of Kerala for the year 2000.
Was instrumental in starting the department of Medical Gastroenterology in the new Superspeciality Block, JIPMER, Pondicherry which is currently involved in OPD, IP care, full fledged diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy services, teaching and active research work.
Active member of the following administrative committees in JIPMER.
• Drug purchase and Utilisation committee.
• Departmental purchase committee.
• Library committee.
• JIPMER Scientific Society (executive committee member).
• JIPMER Quality Council- group leader of Health care provider safety group of JQC and leading a JIPMER B friendly campaign for promotion of hepatitis B awareness and vaccination.
• Has been working as a unit head in the department of Medical Gastroenterology from March 2010 to currently and has competence in independently managing disorders involving liver, pancreas, biliary tract as well as luminal disorders.
• Capable of performing the following endoscopic procedures independently.
• Diagnostic upper and lower GI endoscopies, side viewing endoscopy, push enteroscopy.
Endoscopic therapy for portal hypertension including variceal ligation, sclerotherapy and gastric variceal glue injection.
• Pneumatic dilatation for achalasia cardia.
• Esophageal and colonic stricture dilatations.
• Esophageal, biliary and colonic metallic stenting.
• Therapeutic ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde cholangiopancreatoscopy) procedures including sphincterotomy and stone extractions, biliary stricture dilatations, plastic and metallic stentings, pancreatic ductal sphincterotomy, stricture dilatations and pancreatic stenting.
• Endoscopic polyectemy.
• Emergency management of GI bleed using injection, hemoclip, APC and heater probes.
Dr Lakshmi is the best Lady Gastroenterologist in Trivandrum Kerala.
Our Team also consists of Dr. Ranjit Hari, the best Gastro Surgeon in Trivandrum Kerala.